CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bees, bees and more bees; and also quilting

We have had a problem with bees for the last couple of weeks. Apparently, there is a nest in our bathroom wall in which we have heater in the wall and they would keep coming in the house. We would average about two bees a day. Well, today after church, I got a message from mom who says that there were about 40 bees in the house today. It has been cold recently and today was relatively warmer. (By warmer I mean 57 degrees instead of 45). I have never seen so many bees. Geesh! My cousin and mom killed most of them before I got home from church. Here are some photos:

You can see here how many bees were on this window. This is the window that was farthest from the bathroom. All these bees were dead. I took some close up pictures because I love taking pictures. :)


More dead bees...













Even more dead bees.














I started a quilt this week. I had some material and had started on another pattern, but it didn't look right with the material I bought. So, I started another one called pinwheel. I like the patchwork quilts much better than applique. This is the second quilt that I've worked on. This is the first square. I think it's going to be awesome. I also have red, pink, and purple in the stained glass pattern that I'm going to use as the main colors and a black stained glass that I'm using for the border. It's going to be pretty! I'll put more picture up as I get more. My last quilt, I had to applique tons of fishes! My mom helped me a ton. This one is more my speed and EASY!

0 additional thought(s):