CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Getting stuff together...

I have been working this past week or so to get things together in order to do travel nursing. It has been a pain in the neck...or arm, I should say. I did not know that a company could want so much information about you. Worse yet, I didn't realize that they could find new ways for health care workers to get poked. Yes, I'm talking of vaccinations and titers. I thought I had them all, but no such luck. So, I'm getting poked...again. More shots and more blood drawn. The good thing is that needle pokes don't bother me, but geez.

I also got the flu shot today. If I wasn't a health care worker, I wouldn't even bother. I have gotten the flu shot for the past two years and that is when I had the worst cases of the flu. I got sick each year. Not that I think the shot GAVE me the flu. I just think that my body got upset and my immune system revolted because of it. The first year I got both Influenza A & B. Not fun, let me tell you. I decided to give it one more try because they said last year's didn't work (ya think?) and this year's is supposed to be "better." If I get the flu, I won't get the shot again. I'll just take my chances.

On a good note, I checked today and my Florida Nursing license was issued yesterday! (October 8th) YEAH! All the waiting is coming to a close and I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel. :) Now, just to find an assignment! I'm getting really excited about it now.

Tomorrow is my best-friend's (of 19 years) birthday and I'm excited for the upcoming October birthdays!! Hopefully, it will be a good month!

I've also been playing Harvest Moon on the Wii. This is one of my favorite games and I have become addicted. For those of you who don't know, it is a farming game where you have to take care of crops and animals. Yes, a time waster, but a fun time waster. This year is the 10th anniversary of the game and they have released a TON of HM games. So, it's off to the Wii...

3 additional thought(s):

Steven Adami said...

Does this mean you're thinking of moving to Florida?

Tammi said...

It means that I'm thinking of doing travel nursing or seasonal nursing in Florida. Everyone wants to be a snowbird (me included), so they need a lot more nurses during those winter months, so that is one opportunity for me. I'd still have my house in Michigan for when I go home though.

Kara said...

I hope things work out for you! I could go for sunny Florida right now! ;)