CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

The week in review

This week has been an interesting one. First, I got my Florida license in the mail. At first, I only got a letter with the board seal on it. I was thinking that was the most expensive piece of paper I ever bought! At least the nursing license in Michigan comes in a thicker paper. Then as I read it, it was my temporary license and it said that my permanent one would come in the mail in 2-4 weeks...well, I got it in 2-4 days. How cool!

I spent one whole day doing CEUs for both my Michigan and Florida licenses. They both have specific requirements which you have to have in order to renew your license. Florida has more...by far. In Michigan you only have to do an approved pain management one, Florida has like four that you have to do. I normally like to GO to seminars, but since I was enrolled in school for my BSN and you get "credit" for college credit, I haven't really needed to go to anything recently. It was a headache! Reading and answering questions. I hate tests! Then I had to do more tests for one of the agencies. :P

I got a call from a hospital near Tampa, FL who is going to do a phone interview with me on Tuesday, so wish me luck. I wanted to try to go through some of the hospitals down there because you can sometimes get better deals than going through an agency. (Because then the agency has to get paid). I'm hoping to hear from at least one more before I make my final decision. I don't really know much about the one that I am interviewing with, just what I could find on their website. I will post how I think the interview went afterward.

I finally got all my shots and blood work done. YEAH! No more pokes for awhile. All my titers look good, so I don't need any more vaccinations. That makes me happy. I don't react well with something that is in vaccinations. When I got my Hep B series, I had a welt from the shot for like 3-4 months!

I read in a few other blogs how Reuter's has stated that singing "Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees will help maintain time while doing CPR on a patient. There is another article which says that singing "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen will do the same thing. I guess which one you sing depends on how you think the code is going? It was interesting. In most codes that I have been in, I was trying hard to save the patient and couldn't think about anything else. Interesting. The other article can be found here.

I decided to change my layout again. I was getting bored with simplicity! I got this from "The Cutest Blog on the Block." I really like it. I hope everyone has a great week!

3 additional thought(s):

Steven Adami said...

Good luck on that interview. If they ask about that wild weekend at Ricks and where you put the bodies, deny deny deny!

Tammi said...

Nobody knew about that except for you and me...until now!

Kara said...

Good luck, Tammi! I hope everything goes well.