CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote, vote, vote!

So, I exercised my constitutional right and voted this morning. Mom and I walked to the local township hall. I told her as long as it wasn't snowing or raining, we could walk since the hall is my neighbor to the west and is less than 1/4 mile from my house. It was kinda ironic, though, that I could walk to anything from my house since I live in the country. So, I encourage everyone to get and vote and make your voice heard, no matter who you vote for!

Since I am a lover of quotes, I looked up some voting quotes and here are my two favorites:

The vote is the most powerful instrument ever devised by man for breaking down injustice and destroying the terrible walls which imprison men because they are different from other men.
~~Lyndon B. Johnson


Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote.
~~George Jean Nathan

0 additional thought(s):