CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Traveling...

So, I read Steve's blog (who was reacting to something that Lori wrote) and decided to finally take the bull by the horns and do it. I applied at a few travel nurse companies. I had some that were calling me, so I started with them. It has an interesting few days around here. Deciding where to go and talking with the companies. What I didn't expect was how fast the assignments that I picked would fill up. My recruiter would call me and then have to call me back saying that they were full. I'm trying for a few walk-through states, where I can literally walk in that day and get a temporary nursing license.

It would be nice if it was in one of the Nursing Compact states because then I could practice nursing in like 20 or so states without having to get another license. Not only are they time consuming to get, but costly as well. I'm still waiting on my Florida license and I applied for that one in the beginning of August. I was also kinda hoping for something in the south, because that would mean that it would be warmer for the winter. I like warmth. :) Well, I haven't gotten anything concrete so far, but I'll keep you updated.

4 additional thought(s):

Steven Adami said...

Does this mean you could end up anywhere? Have you thought about overseas? Sounds very cool. Keep at it!

Tammi said...

I can end up anywhere, but it has to be something that I agree with. With a MI nursing license I am eligible to get a license in any state and the USVI. Having graduated high school makes it easier for me too (some states do not require you to have a diploma or GED for a nursing license...). All I need is money and time for most of them.

There are certain walk-through states that I know of like South Carolina, South Dakota, Rhode Island, Nebraska, Idaho, California...where I can get my license in one day, which is nice.

You can do international travel nursing, but they like you have some experience with traveling first. I have thought about it, but I'll see how I like this. :)

Shauna said...

Tammi,

I am going for Travel Nursing also. Come to California!! It is gorgeous weather, (today it is actually cold), and a walk-through state!

I have considered overseas, I lived in Taiwan for 4 years and feel that experience takes away the 'fear' of entering a 'new' country. I read on your other blog some great points for making yourself some goals....mine is now to decide if I will go travel, or just stay here and work.

My heart says TRAVEL!!!

Tammi said...

I would like to go to California, I just am not very fond of super large cities. So, we'll see. :)