CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Winter is finally coming...

We had a really nice Thanksgiving here at our house.  My sister, Jamie and her kids came over for dinner.  I had to work the night before, so it was later than usual.  After, our family gathered together at my grandparents for pie.  It was nice to see everyone.  (My grandpa seriously needs to make more banana cream pie!)  This is Jamie and her daughter Ilana.



We went shopping at Wal*Mart on Black Friday.  There were some things that my mom wanted to get.  We started out at the midnight sales and were going to return at 5 a.m. for an external hard drive that I wanted, but mom wanted to stay and buy a laptop.  So, we stayed...all night...in Wal*Mart.  Yes, we are a little bit crazy...


This past week, I have been sick and had to miss church.  I really notice a difference in my week when I am unable to attend.   I work a rotational weekend shift, so it is important to me to attend when I can.  I haven't felt this cruddy in awhile and I'm hoping that this is my "one" for the winter.  (Usually I get really sick one time each winter.)

 
Snow is in our forecast.  For all of next week.  We knew this weather was too good to last.  Usually we have our first snowfall on or around Halloween and that didn't happen this year.  It was well into November before it even hinted at snowing.  Hopefully, the weather won't be too terrible and last too long.  Here's hoping...

 
Jamie and I are getting our stuff together to start our project 365 that Allison had suggested to us.  We are excited to do this as we both LOVE taking photos.  It will be a great way to show them to everyone.  I will post more when we get everything set up.

0 additional thought(s):