CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Stake Conference & Music

A week ago, my niece, Ilana, asked me if she could ride with me to the Kalamazoo Stake Conference.  This was held today in Battle Creek, which is about one hour and fifteen minutes away from where we live.  It was a great session.  At one point, they asked the youth, aged 12-18 to stand.  Having just turned 12 last week, I told her that that was her.  She was a little embarrassed to be standing, but it wasn't like she was the ONLY one standing.  :)  Overall, it was an edifying experience for both of us and I am glad that we went.  It was too bad that my sister, Jamie, had to work.
I have always been interested in music.  Specifically, the lyrics of a song.  I like to really listen to what they are trying to say.  One song I have been stuck on recently is "I've Always Loved You" by Third Day.  The chorus of the song is as follows:
Don't you know I've always loved you
Even before there was time
Though you turn away
I'll tell you still
Don't you know I've always loved you
And I always will

If you haven't listened to Third Day, you should.  They are one of my favorite Christian Rock bands.  Another song that I always have to listen to three or four times when I hear it is "Close Your Eyes" by Michael and Jeff McLean.

We popped the corn before we left
We had no cash to spare
His cousin ran that old drive-in show,
so daddy took us there

When the film would frighten me,
he held me on his knee
and said we'll get through this together somehow
and whispered tenderly

Close your eyes, this part is scary
Take my hand, it won't last long
You will love the ending, I promise
When this part of the story is gone

That drive in show closed years ago,
it's long since over grown
My car can barely drive through the weeds
to park there all alone

The movie of my life's become
more than I can face
and I'm looking for answers in places he taught me
to not be afraid to have faith

Close your eyes, this part is scary
Take my hand, it won't last long
You will love the ending, I promise
When this part of the story is gone

For love cannot be defeated
just like the sun, it will rise
Things will look so much clearer
if you'll stop

and close your eyes
Take my hand
You will love the ending I promise
when this part of the story is gone

Even though, it might look hopeless
You will see, that love wins the prize
and fears disappear, and you'll see much clearer
if you'll just close your eyes

Perhaps he was sayin'
it's easy a-praying
if you'll
close your eyes
 All the songs on the "Father and Son" album are good, but this is my favorite song.

0 additional thought(s):