CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 08, 2010

Genealogy vacation #2

We went to Lansing for my birthday this year to get my paternal grandma's and paternal grandpa's birth certificate. Having finally received the death certificate from St. Louis, we were excited for this venture. I have lived in Michigan all of my life and have never been to the capital. It was a fun trip, but getting records is expensive!! It cost me $72 for the two records and I didn't even get the one. We did get a free tour of the capital building, which I was very impressed with. Although the custom-made door knobs, hinges, and glass were pretty, I'm pretty sure that that is where my hard earned tax dollars went.

Ilana and me sitting on the steps of the Capital Building

My manager, Tara, has asked me to train for ICU so I can fill in for someone who is taking medical leave in December.  This should be interesting and something different from the daily routine.  I used to work in ICU, so it won't be that much of training.  Granted, I haven't worked in ICU for 4 years now, but I'm sure it's like riding a bike...

The hospital that I work at now is being bought by the hospital that I used to work at.  (Well, technically still work at.  I am relief there and pick up 4 hour shifts here and there.)  This merger should be finished by the first of December.  It will be interesting to see the changes that will happen with our small hospital.  I really like the new CEO and am optimistic that he will bring great change for us.


I have been waiting ALL YEAR to put snowmen up as I love them.  It snowed the other day here, so I am safe.  Since I am up all night tonight (a downside of working the night shift--you never have normalcy), I figured a change was in order.   Is everyone ready for the holiday season?

0 additional thought(s):