CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Florida License

I have been contemplating for awhile doing something different this winter. Not because I don't like Michigan winters...I do, to a certain point, but because I am not as tolerant of them as I was before the accident. Anyone who has ever had a broken bone understands what I am talking about.

So, I have been working toward getting my Florida license so I can spend the winter there. Since there are so many snow birds, Florida requires many more nurses in the winter than they do in the summer. I thought that this would be a good springboard into travel nursing.

Well, I've been working on my Florida nursing license and getting a license in another state is not difficult...it just can be frustrating. I have to go and get fingerprinted...again...for the umpteenth time. You would think, as many times as I have been fingerprinted before, that ONE of them would've been in the same system that the Florida Nursing Board uses, but I am not that lucky. Again, not that that is a big deal, but it is frustrating. Hopefully, I will get all that done and then get everything out so that I should get my license by my birthday. That would be awesome!

2 additional thought(s):

Kara said...

I hope it works out for you! When would you go back to Michigan and would you do this every year?

Tammi said...

I'm not sure. It depends on how much I like it. I had wanted to start travel nursing and just travel the U.S., so we'll see what happens.