CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 02, 2009

This weekend

So, I return to work tomorrow. I think that I am mostly ready. I was all ready until I woke up feeling a little pain this morning. I still get a little pain when I sit for too long, but I know that won't be a problem when I'm at work, so I'm not too worried about that. I'm ready to be back to work!

My sister Jennifer got her trailer and should be moved out by the end of the week. Her (any my other sister Jamie) have been making arrangements for their new places. Jamie is already in her place, but it still trying to get T.V. and everything. Well, since their trailers are out in the country, they called the local satellite companies and since neither of them have a credit card that isn't a debit card (I am proud to say that I don't either), they would have to pay up front for the receivers. That's like $200 for 2 rooms. We didn't have to do that when we set up our satellite system. Needless to say, that is a lot of money when you are first renting a place for a "non-necessity." They said that they will be renting movies for awhile. I told them to do Netflix. I liked it when I had it, I just didn't want movies enough to make it worthwhile.

I did go to the theater this past weekend and saw two movies. The first one was the Jonas Brothers 3D movie. I took Isabel, Alex and Ilana to see it. Jamie went with me. It was the most expensive movie that I have ever seen. They enjoyed it and that was good. Here is a photo of them with their 3D glasses on (l-r: Alex, Isabel, Ilana, Jamie):

The other movie was Coraline in 3D. I really liked it but I don't think it is for younger kids. (It's a bit startling in spots) It was cute and the trailers don't really tell you what the movie is about, but the key is the tag line "Be careful what you wish for." I don't want to spoil it so I won't divulge too much here. But I recommend seeing it!!! It was good to see a movie that actually has a sorta moral to it instead of just being a fun story.

I've been thinking and I am really starting to not like the cold. I really have a hard time getting warm. My house is always cold. Which is nice in the summer, but not nice when it's like 12 degrees outside. Then Alex and Isabel (my niece & nephew) came down today wearing clothes like it was summer...shorts, tank top, capris, no socks. I have on long sleeves, two pair of socks, my thermals on under my pants. It made me cold just looking at them! I made them go back upstairs and gets socks on and "dress appropriately" I told them. Jen said that they always dress like that. Brrr!!

I took my mom to get another new phone this morning. She wasn't happy with the Rumor that she had gotten a few weeks ago. So, she got the Blackberry Curve. It's just funny to think of my mom with a blackberry. She was so against texting before she got her Rumor and now she is all about it. She is having fun trying to figure it out. I told her to ask Jamie because she has a blackberry too. I'm a Palm owner, so I know nothing about blackberries. It is still humorous!

Okay, so I changed my layout again. I guess that I have just been bored this week with not working. I think I like this one a lot. Come on Spring!!

2 additional thought(s):

Allison said...

Three things:
-I love Netflix!
-Coraline was made by a Portland company, so there's a ton of hype up here, but I still haven't seen it :(
-I've decided that spring cannot get here soon enough!

Tammi said...

Yes, I was wondering where Coraline was made. In the movie, they move from Michigan to Oregon. You should definitely see it!

We actually got some higher temps (40s) this week and it was raining and thunderstorms today. Come on Spring!!!