CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 16, 2009

I have internet again!!

Okay, so I've been without the internet for the past few days...like a week, I guess. The only access I have is facebook on my phone. (I love facebook, btw. I try to tell everyone to get it!!) I had satellite internet through Hughes.net because the phone lines where I live are so archaic that I would only be able to connect at half the speed of dial-up and there are no other forms of internet available for my area. Well, where I live is very windy. I have never really been happy with the satellite internet because of the reason. We are surrounded by empty fields with no wind block. Last week, we noticed that there was a cover missing off of the satellite, and it wasn't connecting very well. So, I call and they tell me it will be $125 just to come out and then I would have to pay for the parts to repair it. At first, I was going to let them come out, but then I got mad about it.

I called Sprint to see about a wireless card for my computers. (Because that is who I have my cell service through.) They told me it would be $200 for the cheapest one...but if I knew someone who didn't have sprint I could have them order it for me and it would be free. I told them I was going to call someone else and I did. I called verizon and the card was free. Take that Sprint. They just lost some business because they were being retarded. Then I called Hughes.net to cancel and they asked me "would it make a difference if we paid for the repairs?" That just made me madder and I told them no. Dorks! Anyway, I have the satellite and modem. They're mine, I paid for them.

So far, I like this wireless card because I can take it anywhere and use it. They said that I could use it on my desktop too, so I'll have to try that later. I would like to try to get wifi using the card and my router, but I do not know if that is possible.

Mom got nine teeth pulled today. She is surely sore. I think she has to wait a month before she can get dentures. So mashed potatoes and scrambled eggs it is!!

5 additional thought(s):

Steven Adami said...

It's moments like this that make me envy the Amish.

Allison said...

I'll agree with Steve. I wonder if I could get a wireless card for free for my computer...stupid dial-up!

I hope your mom recovers quickly from the teeth-pulling! And that you can figure out some tasty soft foods!

Tammi said...

I know. What would it be like if we didn't have to worry about all this technology?

Allison, you probably could get a free card. I'm using it on my desktop right now and it works wonderfully!

This round of teeth pulling was harder for my mom. (Getting almost all your teeth pulled in a month's time, I cannot wonder why!). She's been sticking to mashed potatoes and eggs for now. Maybe next week, she'll try something different...when the initial shock wears off. :)

Eskimo Bob said...

I found you through my good friend Steve's blog - ahh the magic of posting comments.

Being in Alaska - and raised in rural Alaska I can attest to the frustration that happens when you're just trying to be like the rest of the world.

Even though I'm on the "road system" aka civilization in Alaska - I still can't get Chinese delivery, and they deliver ANYWHERE!

I'm diggin' what your saying.

Tammi said...

Don't feel bad, I cannot get anything delivered to my house. We just are too far in the country!