CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sprint is D-U-M-B, dumb!

This week was a hard one. On Thursday and Friday, I was back on the floor. I haven't done floor nursing since before my accident. I had forgotten how taxing it is on the body. I got all my codes and stuff and have been trying to remember them as best I can for the new technology that I am not used to. There is a user name/number for everything. I can understand the need, but can't they use ONE for everything? Not only do I have to remember everything about the patient, but try to remember a myriad of codes as well. I'm sure in a week or so, it will be like an old hat, but now, it's work. I'm sure that as the days go by, it will get better, but it just seems so hard right now.

I was so happy for Friday because then I would get three days off. Days to rest...or so I thought. Today (Saturday), I had my phone in my coat pocket, and was putting my coat up and it hit the door jamb. I checked my phone and the screen on my Palm Centro was cracked, which almost renders my phone useless. I say almost only because I can still answer calls. I cannot dial any calls, but I can answer them. I took it to the Sprint store (which was 45 min away) and they told me that I have to call the insurance company (I pay $7/month for equipment protection in case if something like this happens) and that it would cost me $50. I couldn't believe it. It would only cost me $70 to update to the newer model of the Centro, why would I pay $50 to fix my broken one? I was so mad at Sprint. Not only for what they told me but because I wasted my gas (& time & money) to get there.I am thinking of switching companies. I am definitely canceling my equipment protection!

I'm hoping that the rest of the weekend goes better.

1 additional thought(s):

Kara said...

My advise - see about Verizon. I read that they were the #1 cell phone carrier this year. Good luck with Sprint. :)