CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mormon Nurse

A few weeks ago at work, I was told that I would be getting an admission. After the patient arrived to the unit, I began asking the barrage of questions when the patient, a young woman, grabbed my right hand, turned it to see my CTR ring and then asked “You're a Mormon? I've never had a Mormon nurse before.”

After a multitude of questions, she told me that her and her family (5 children and spouse) were here from out of state when she got sick. She asked if I knew anyone that could help watch her children so her husband could come up, visit her and give her a blessing.

So, I started making calls. My co-workers were very impressed with the response I got. They told me that they would never have thought to ask for help in a foreign city and even if they had asked, they were not sure they would get a response. I told them that we are here to help each other and it's nice to know that there is someone we can call anywhere we go.

Here is a photo that was given to me by a classmate before we graduated from nursing school. It is one of my favorites. I have it hanging by the door by my keys, so I see it before I leave.




2 additional thought(s):

Hunter Family said...

I am so proud of you, Tammi! Not surprised that you went into nursing, you are such a loving, giving person. Caring for others comes naturally to you!

Tammi said...

Thanks Amy! :)